- Workshops for SchoolsBuilding healthy Self-Esteem & Positive Body Image in adolescents.
Healthy Bodies, Peers, Media & Resilience
for students from Year 3 to Year 12
The Workshops on Healthy Bodies , Peers, Media and Resilience have been developed to work together and consider biological, psychological, environmental and socio-cultural factors that contribute to body dissatisfaction.
one of the biggest concerns for 11-24 year olds
For both males and females, close to one-in-four are recorded as saying body image is a major concern. Less than a quarter of Australian girls and a third of Australian boys are satisfied with their weight.
The Live Your Passion Body Image Workshop is about giving adolescents the tools to build their self-esteem and to understand how concerns about the way they look can affect their lives in a negative or positive way.
In this workshop young people will
- Learn to respect the differences between each other as they develop their own identities.
- Discuss the effects of media imagery and how it impacts on them and the pressures they face trying to keep up with new trends and the latest looks.
- Be shown the media tricks used to change an image, purposefully designed to keep you feeling bad about yourself.
- Gain media literacy skills in regards to Photo Shopping.
- Identify the effects of stereotyping and ways to challenge it assertively.
- Learn to focus on the positive aspects of their lives and how to accept themselves unconditionally.
- The workshops are part of an on-going commitment to address key issues underlying the causes of low self-esteem and poor body image and how they impact on day to day life.
Flexible delivery options to fit with your curriculum